Cardiac Rehabilitation is done for patients who have undergone cardiac surgery. Cardiac rehabilitation helps to enhance cardiovascular fitness and independence by designing a graduated exercise program to enhance overall functionality.
The various types of Cardiac Surgeries are:
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)
- Valve Replacement
The exercise program includes the following
- Aerobic or cardiovascular exercise,
- Stretching and
- Strengthening exercises.
Cardiac rehab helps patients of all ages both men and women, with mild to severe heart problems. Patients suffering from the following ailments can benefit from it:
- Coronary artery disease,
- Coronary artery bypass surgery,
- Heart attack,
- Heart failure,
- Angioplasty and stents,
- Heart valve repair or replacement,
- Angina (chest pain),
- Peripheral artery disease,
- Heart or lung transplant,
- Pulmonary hypertension etc.